Tuesday, February 15, 2011

being learned

         Here are a few post Valentines Day snap shots:



So the red velvet cookie recipe in the post before this ended up as the above. I attempted to make the cookies while rushing to get to our friends house so I could share them. Unfortunately, my mind decided to go with the box directions instead of the recipe in front of me, which turned them into cupcakes. However, the cream cheese frosting was divine making them delish (and my less scatter brained sister made the cookies and gave them an A+!).



 I awoke my Valentine with the standard Heart Breakfast. He was confused at my cliche-ness, but I have to admit that I am glad someone gifted me those heart cookie cutters from our wedding. It was from a married pro, and clearly they knew what they were thinking.


I got to also spend it with another favorite little valentine.



And finally I came home to this..

Filet Mignon, Sushi, pineapple salad & Saki. This was the first time my husband has ever cooked solo and it was amazing. I love him. And have made him agree to cook once a week.



My part of the deal was dessert, naturally. Randy loves cheesecake, and I was limited on time once again. I found this old recipe book, and found a gem.

No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pie:
1 Prepared 9-inch chocolate crumb crust
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, melted & cooled
2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
whipped cream (optional)

BEAT cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk & vanilla for 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate; beat for 2 more minutes.

SPOON into crust; refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.

Enjoy!


Now here is a sneak peak of what I am learning. I am so excited and my ever patient Mother is the best teacher.

Learn to Sew Day by Mom Stinson. Stick around for the finished product,
(hopefully by Friday if I can obtain some of her skill).


Brother Zack- I warned you if you continued to be dumb, which you did, this will happen. My special, special brother. Loves ya.


 And finally, the perfect ending to this day. A taco tuezday regular @ Tijuana Flats with my husb & enjoying God's perfection in the city beautiful.



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have a blog; it makes me feel less lame for having one, too. Is it weird I'm reading it/stalking you? I also feel less lame for trying to sew, now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome for contributing to lameness, it's quite exciting to be so lame. And it isn't weird because the feeling/action is mutual- so we'll just have to stay committed to follow one another even when the www gets bored with our blogs (but seriously, would that ever happen?).

    ReplyDelete