Saturday, October 6, 2012

California: Part II




HOLLYWOOD: While driving thorough the streets of West Hollywood like ballers, we accidentally found ourselves going up the Hollywood(land) hills, then stumbled upon the trail to the Hollywood sign which we wanted to do anyway. So, I'm not really sure where it is or how we found it, but it was pretty neato. Again, I wasn't a fan of the heights, and again Randy didn't obey and did that <---. But it resulted in the picture below, so, worth it. The smog was extra gross that day, which is sad because we couldn't even see the cool buildings downtown. 



     These are when I pretended to be brave and stand by myself. They're fake smiles, but proud, and severely sweaty palms (not pictured). We made it back down, and drove through all the toursty stuff, we just stayed inside-car-tourists (it was 100 degrees that day). 

 



 One of my personal highlights- stalking my friend Kelly Cutrone at People' Revolution and seeing what it really looked like. I just waited outside in hopes of an appearance, but no such luck. I have to say, I was a little surprised my friends LC and Whitney interned there, it wasn't really in the best area.. 



That night we stayed in downtown LA, and went to eat some delish Sushi at Katana on Sunset Blvd (while the sun actually set- it was cute). It was randomly chilly that night, so it was perfect for an outdoor, romantical dinner. Pretty sure they stuck us in the back corner for a reason, but it was prime people watching so it was perfect. 


 

We also met up a good friend (Seth), a local and long time YWAM friend, who took us out for a night on the town post sushi-fest to some local hangs like Skybar and Chateau Marmont (fave). If you squint really hard, you can totally see beyond the flash and smog for rad LA view behind us. 

                               


                                                             special <3

The next day, we officially were off for the real road trip portion. Our plan was to stop in Monterey for a couple nights, while also taking some detours along the way. And we couldn't leave without going through Santa Monica to my favorite coffee place (urth caffe). It was worth the detour. 




    It was hard to not stop every 2 minutes to take pictures. I don't even know where this is. But it was great. I know it was somewhere close to Santa Barbara because that's where we ended up next. It had so much character too and gorgeous, we only spent an hour there, but could have definitely spent a day. Or ten.

SANTA BARBARA: 




     












It was a quiet and cute and I couldn't believe that people were laying out in 60 degree weather . But I guess I would too if I lived in a place that gorgeous all the time (also, Randy was with me there, he just hasn't quite trusted me yet to handle his picture taking device- but he will make an appearance again soon). After being speedy tourists, we were off to our final stop before our stay in Monterey.

SAN LUIS OBISPO: 


 

    And that's all we have of that. We had a sunset to catch, so we only stopped in for a quick bite. I do wish we could have stayed longer there also, because it looked like a cute town. It was very college-town like, with quaint shops and cute eatery's around. We ended up getting this mexican delight at a Mexican/Greek restaurant called the wild donkey.Our Mexican obsession clearly follows us wherever we go. 

And finally, just outside of 
San Luis Obispo, we stopped somewhere along the coast to catch the most gorgeous sunset I have ever seen. And it immediately dropped 20 degrees. There is way too many pictures, but this concludes part II of this part III california series if you've followed along this far. Up next: Monterey, Carmel & finally SanFrancisco! 

              There he is! Isn't he dreamy. 

 

And here is what he captured:











No comments:

Post a Comment