Sunday, March 6, 2011

Polish Fest

                         Grandpa's 90th



Another busy week.
It was packed full of some fam & friend fun though. And also, Rands and I have learned that the old habits die hard thing applies to us too. We successfully had Mexican dinners 3x this week. Oh well. At least that includes lettuce and stuff, so that's good. Maybe this week I can get it together, especially after ending it with another cold/sinus infection/something.

Anyways, Friday sister Michelle + family got in town, and we were able to hit up a few garage & estate sales which is always a joy. Even though I didn't find anything, this was enough satisfaction. So creepy, yet they made my childhood complete for some odd reason.


Friday night, a bff hosted a pretty awesome
house dance party. Dancing is prob one of my top 5 favorite things in life. This is how we shake it/sister dix & I like to be twinz in quite a few ways.

This is part of the top 5 list as well..



And now the best for last. My Grandpa (featured above) turned 90 this week, and we celebrated his birthday tonight, authentic polish style of course. I love him so much-true model of how one should finish strong. The evening included beer, golumpki, kielbasa, perogies, polka, and really just celebrating him. He got up during the party and gave everyone the formula by which he has lived (and continues to live), a long and purpose-filled life. It is this: Put God first. Have a diet strictly of Kielbasa & beer. And if you aren't polish, fake it. So there it is kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment