Saturday, June 4, 2011

austin!



What a trip- literally. 
We ventured to Austin, TX which was a first for both of us. We started at 4am Friday, drove to the airport, flew to Houston, then Dallas, then picked up by Michelle & Stephen, coasted in our sweet Hyundai Santa Fe to Austin. Only 13 hours of travelling. Though it may be worth the extra few hundreds to fly straight through for the next time, the company and stops were worth the savings.

And the reasons for going were great too- my cousin David got married & we used it as an anniversary trip as well. Here are some of the things we did, and places we were recommended, which now I can recommend. Enjoy!


Chili's-to-go, not sure if you've heard of it. Also, what happens when you need to kill 2 hours at the TX Love Field airport.

Now for the legit stuff.


                                              

!HBD SBD!

Perfecting the austin hipster look. obviously.

My dreamworld- austin would make thrifty goodwill look this rad.
Married!
Anniversaried!




So here are connections to the restaurants. I would also highly suggest this guide we used for more detailed info from Design*Sponge: design sponge austin guide.

Where we went:
South Congress (all the shops)
amys ice creams: quality ice cream + quality ice cream tricks
Maudies: Queso was the best, think we had them bring out a few orders. Margaritas & Salad were great accompaniment.
jos coffee: best coffee. Randy argues the Turbo is the best (for you iced coffee fans)
the magnolia cafe: Opened 24/7. However we went there during normal people breakfast hours. Great french toast, but me & sister Michelle's fave parts were "sorry were.." in front of everything. I like their humor- I'd go back just for that.  
roundrock donuts: not in Austin, but if you're into donuts, it's claimed to be world famous. I did not get the Texas donut as pictured above, but definitely had my share. I am no Adam Richman (Man vs. Food).




No comments:

Post a Comment