Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cookies!

Monday evening my parents invited us to go to the weekly Audubon Park Community Market, they conveniently live walking distance, so that's fun. We have lived here forever and finally went. 



Aside from it being a little desert-like outside, it was enjoyable. We wanted to get coffee but thought that may send us over the edge, so Randy opted for a Tangerine Wheat beer (which was delish & refreshing), and I attempted to get a Japanese Popsicle from one of the food trucks bigwheelprovisions. Sadly, they were out (but free future pop on the house next time!), so I chose a chocolate chip cookie the size of my face instead, naturally. We ate/drank and watched a friend sing some chunes.  




My cookie was actually from another vendor there that they teamed up with, called bees knees sweet treats. I saw it featured on design sponge, so I chatted with the girl a bit, and was inspired by her and her friend that just randomly started a baking business. Oh Someday.(Also, they bake out of the Redlight Redlight's kitchen-interesting fact of the day).

So I guess my current obsession is any baked good topped with sea salt. I know it's not a new thing, but it is for me, and it's the best. This face-sized cookie was as well, and now I want to put sea salt on everything. Lucky for me, the next night at bible study my dear dear friend Laura made the same thing (and didn't even know! friends are great). I literally couldn't stop eating them since they were more regular sized, and wish I felt at least a little embarrassed about it. But I didn't, and she used this recipe: nytimes (pictured on the left. And she said/it looks very involved, but I believe she omitted some of the flours & just used wheat and regular).


*Side note: If you're into those types of things, also try bluebirdbakeshop salted caramel brownies. The best. I'm already going into a diabetic coma thinking about all of this. I will post healthier things next time. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, reading this post is not making my 90 days of no sugar any easier, lol. Guess i'll go order a decaf coffee w/cream, no sugar. Yipee. : ) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee. Another secret is that I didn't have any vanilla! So I left it out although the recipe calls for it. I took the rest to work the next day, left them on my desk, came back later and they were all gone, so I vote that recipe a winner.

    ReplyDelete