Thursday, June 23, 2011

a late weekend review

This week slapped me in the face after a weekend away at Daytona Beach- I guess it's what happens when you relax too much.

My awesome #1 boss hooked us up with a place to stay on the Halifax river. It was a nice get away, perf weather, ate some aunt catfish's (go there if you're in Daytona), great company & apparently dolphin season (we saw so many, close to shore too). I realized how I don't take enough advantage of Florida's sandy beaches that are only 45ish minutes away from me.









Father's Day was nice as well. I love my Dad. Because I love him, I made his fave, peach cobbler. It was a new recipe and delish. So I wanted to pass it on (and it has "easy" in the title!). On the topic of sweets, which I guess I'll always blog about, I made mint chocolate chip cookies for a neighborhood-friend-potluck, which I will also share. As my friend described, they're like a small thin mint fudge cake. Sorry for my lack of photography, but neither lasted long enough, so just take my word for it. (For recipes, see below) 


It's almost the weekend! I'm really looking forward to it, and hope to share more about a little project I'm working on soon. And I hope to get those little tabs you may see above to finally work as well. I hired Rands for the job. Happy weekend & see below for recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment