Monday, April 25, 2011

easter in the atlantaz

This post is pretty much filled with my niece & nephew. So if that for some terrible reason bores you, you probably won't want to read much further. However, if you like things that are the cutest in the world, funny, precious and perfect, continue reading. Oh and here is a video if the pictures aren't enough. Try and ignore the annoying adult commentating and take notes from OK on dying eggs (what to do/not to do).





Oh man, kids. So obviously Easter was great. It's always fun to start it with a car ride with 2 boys, 7 hours, a weird light coming on in the car 2 hours into it which made us pull over, and arriving at 2:00am. But we made it! And here is what we did.


Spent some quality time in gas stations picking out quality purchases (or wish-we-had-purchased)

Good Friday Service @ Passion City Church

Ate way too much candy-shocking. But with encouraging reminders  like this, it made me feel more ok about that decision.



                                                                                    
These are baby chicks. I have had an obsession with anything small/baby since I was probably 1 day old, and thought it would be a great idea to find them during this time of the year (and convenient since the Dixon Fam pretty much lives on a farm). Plus I told Oliverkate we would take her, so I had to find them and def could not let her down. Sister Michelle and I took the kids, and while I stepped into my dreamland she was educated on how to raise them, for possible chicken ownership for fresh egg purposes in the future. I can't wait to visit the Dixon Egg Farm.   



Uncle Zack let off some sweet gas-station-bomb-fire works (we don't tell him that it's the wrong holiday for that so shh), and the kids admired his skill to light them, then throw them right before they blew his hand off. There were a couple close calls and I believe some singed hair, but of course totally worth it. And totally cooler uncle now. 

We dyed eggs. (This is the more boring version of what happened above). 



(Me & Ran's first marriaged eggs, yin&yang)


And finally, a little Easter Sunday Photo Shoot:









1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Love her egg-dyeing method! Sounds like you all had a blast. And you are such a good blog writer and aunt!

    ReplyDelete