Sunday, April 3, 2011

¡fiesta!

 HBD!



It's been awhile.
April 2 was my sweet husbands 27th year of life. First, this was one of our fave treats. Please enjoy the cuteness/my obsession:


Feliz Ice Cube.

Now for the second. I really love planning things and celebrating people and life events, especially for my favorite person in the whole world. I attempted my hand at eggs Benedict in the a.m. for him (his favorite), and if you're looking for an easy recipe it's here. He worked on some music stuff and I spent a lot of the day with my dear friend Molly. She and her husb generously opened their house (conveniently across the street from us) so we could host Rands fiesta in her back yard. We had some legit Spanish music thanks to DJ Laura, corn hole & ladder golf (totally Mexican), pepper challenge (congrats Jared), pinata, delish drinks and great great friends. Rands clearly took the Mexican theme pretty seriously, and I'm sad (i.e. happy) that he has shaved his mexi-stache off. I am so blessed to have him as my life partner/husband/bff/soul mate/etc. I love him.

Some pre-party treats at the Moll & Josh Estate:




Our helpers overseeing our work. These guys came out just in time to join us in setting up. They seriously watched us throughout the day, which was a little uncomfortable, but we were grateful they let us celebrate without them in the p.m.




I have a little obsession with this tree. It is the biggest kumquat tree I've ever seen, but I think they are one of the coolest. I want one of these someday, but will borrow molls in the mean time.
It was a little dark, so I only got a couple pictures before it started:





And on a random note, I  filled the seasonal empty picture frame. I really love that I can just change it out when I feel like it. I used the link I put in one of my other posts for garland and turned it into this for the spring timez.










1 comment:

  1. Sorry we missed! Chris won the coin toss, and we spent our evening at Lino's b-day dinner : ( Missed you all! Tell Rans happy birthday - looks like fun! Your such a good wifey : )

    ReplyDelete