Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Monday

       Search me & know my heart O God, test me & know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me & lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24


     As this Monday ends, the bachelor is on in the background and I'm  wanting to vom, but for some reason I just can't turn it off. How are these people, people. Anyways, I'm not going to go on a reality-ish show rant, because it is a guilty pleasure as terrible as they are. And I'm reading a 800+ paged book to compensate for brain cells lost. Btw, currently on page 30!

     Today was a good one for a Monday, even though Monday's aren't ever too terrible to me. This weekend was relaxing, and I really enjoyed the start of the series my pastor at Summit is starting, about the Wealth of Wisdom in Proverbs. It has challenged me/us to really pray and think about how wise we are with our money, yet even more, wisdom in relationships. This week I'm meditating on Psalms 129:23-24. Even though it's not a Proverb, I desire God to search and know me, to test my thoughts, so that He will help me become more wise in important decisions like relationships & money (because money is such a huge necessity but can become such a "cruel master", though relationships matter more). I think this verse is a great daily prayer, and I'm challenging myself to make it just that. 

     Now for a few small things that was enjoyed over this weekend. Tonight I made another delish-quick & healthy meal that Randy and I decided we could live off of (even though he woke up pretty sick today, so it could be his off-set taste buds?).He gifted me this cookbook over Christmas, and it's a winner.




                      chicken with goat cheese & basil

        -4 Skinned chicken breast fillets
                                 - 3 1/2 oz soft goat cheese
                                  -small bunch fresh basil
                                  -Olive oil
                          
                           1 Slit along one long edge of each chicken breast, and make small pocket. Divide cheese
                           equally among pockets and tuck three or four basil leaves in each. Close openings and
                           season with salt & pepper.
                           2 Heat oil in skillet, add chicken, and fry gently for 15-20 minutes, turning several times.
                           3 Serve warm, garnish with a sprig of basil ♥



Because Rands woke up plagued  by the sniffles (mentally? jk boo, loves ya), I also made some vitamin-c- packed- home- made juice, with our new-ish Juicer. This is definitely one of the best wedding gifts that we finally have room for to use, and if you have never used one, I would highly recommend it. They're amazing. Great dose of veggies covered up by the fruits.. yumz. So hopefully this will be the cure! 

And finally, I have to share one of my favourite little hole-in-the-walls called the Bargain Box. My Mom introduced me to the Junior League thrift store awhile ago, and now I frequent it probably once a week. It's based near Park Avenue (Orlando), and I have found a lot of treasures. They have great purses, housewares, and many other random delights.



 This is the latest 25 cent purchase I made-I'm a Proverbs pro now. right. Anyways, It was originally a few dollars, but apparently I went in on their weekly sale which was extra awesome. I asked the elderly fellow cashier what day their weekly sale is held on, and his answer: "you just have to come back everyday to find out." SO I have no choice. Or helpful information on that currently. But they do have them, and it's usually half off and sometimes whatever price they feel like giving you when you check out. Love em.      

503 N Virginia Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407) 644-4043

      P.s. Some really exciting news- my great friend Hannah had her baby girl, Charlotte today! Wish I could walk to Chicago to see them both, but I already love her. So congrats Hannah & Matt, and we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment