Wednesday, January 19, 2011

LotsOthoughts.com

     I feel like this is going to be a boring, but my 2 followers love this kind of stuff. I think. Anyways, even though this season of unemployment for Rands, half unemployment for me, isn't always the easiest especially as newlyweds (not that olderweds have it easier, just another thing to adjust to), I believe that God is teaching us a lot. One thing, is just to enjoy this time together because I'm surrounded by people with full time jobs + kids + school, etc., who aren't able to just drop what they're doing and be with their loved one. 

   A fav activity for the Kett duo is bike rides, especially when its 76 degrees and cloudless skies. Even though I really get stressed dodging the drivers in china town, we got free air from nice dudes from loco motion (BTW- if you are an Orlando-ian, the one near Park Ave is closed. Darn all those indy kid bike stores now), did tour de Baldwin park, made delicious smoothies at home, and after our dinner of home made chicken nuggets, I randomly craved chocolate per the norm. 

So I googled easy chocolate cookies and made them. It was easy and Rands and I killed most likely 10 each. I would put the recipe, but it's really too embarrassing because they were so easy. So maybe I'll put the link. Fine here Deliciouspoocookies

And finally, I got a book from the library today I ordered with great determination. I am working on my book a.d.d. this year, and just finished my first of the year (if you're married, its called Sacred Influence and it had some pretty biblical sound advice for wifey's/some kinda eh). So I decided to go with Anna Karenina. It's only 817 pages. And my dear friend Denise inspired me to read it when we were in Malawi together a few years ago. It's the "greatest novel ever written" after all, supposedly. So why not start there? And just in case you aren't familiar as I wasn't, it is the same author of War & Peace.   


So wish me luck! I'll most likely ware out my renewal privileges. And become a recluse. But it will be totally worth it. Also, if you're into reading and being non-social, check this out- it's pretty legit & helpful http://bookseer.com/. Now time for Top Chef All Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment