Friday, August 31, 2012

Feature: Market Colors


I've had the privilege to get to know Lizzie, CEO of a nonprofit organization here called Market Colors. I was instantly intrigued in her organization, when she told me she would be working with African craftsmen, specifically in an area where I had been and loved so much- Malawi! 

She took the call God placed on her heart seriously, and started Market Colors. Read more about their mission, her heart and ways you can buy the amazing products the craftsmen have been working on here. They have their first product launch September 9th, and will also have the items available for purchase online starting September 10th. I can't wait to see all of the different items for sale, and know they will be one of a kind! 

A little background- when I was in Malawi over 6 years ago with COTN, I was able to spend time with and see how some of these craftsmen (specifically the widow group) worked. I wanted to bring home a piece of Africa with me, obviously to remember my time there, but also because of the uniqueness and skill they put in making each item. I had them make handbags for me and my friends, which I still use and get compliments on. NOW because of Market Colors, you can  have a taste of that yourself, but with a variety of items to choose from and from other areas of Africa! 

As mentioned earlier, their first product launch is happening in Orlando Sunday September 9th, and I'm also excited that Newfashioned can play a very small role in supporting this night and their vision. Come out and support too if you're local or buy online the following day, and know that by purchasing one of their awesome items, it will go such a long way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment